Setting your focus - the 'successful' scripture memory program
Purpose: To develop and understanding of when your effort to memorize scripture can be called successful.
The four parts of a 'successful' scripture memory program
Comment on the following statements
- Apply what you memorize
- Memorize with 100% accuracy
- Memorize as much as you can
- Stick to if forever
- Memorizing the word of God has little value if you do not have a saving
knowledge of Jesus Christ.
- Memorizing the word of God has little value if you do not truly believe that it
is God's word, inspired and trustworthy and authoritative.
- Memorizing the word of God has litte value if you do not use it in
real life applications. You must obey it.
- Memorizing the word of God has little value if you do not meditate on
it and study it in its context for understanding.
- It is important that you do not brag about the amount of scripture
that you have learned. As a matter of fact, make it a point not
to deliberately advertize how much scripture you know. Make sure
that it is not a source of pride.
- Why is it so important to learn what you have learned with 100% accuracy?